Pet saliva stains on carpets are a common problem for households and people have to regularly perform the cleaning process in order to remove them. Pet saliva stains can affect the outlook of the carpet as well as lead to various health hazards in the building if they are not immediately cleaned. All sorts of germs and bacteria may start to grow on pet saliva over the course of time, which can lead to the spread of various diseases in the household. Therefore, it is important to perform an effective cleaning solution for ensuring cleanliness in the building.
In this article, we will explain a process with the help of which people will be able to clean pet saliva stains in an effective manner using household available supplies.
Supplies required to perform the cleaning process
A few suppliers may be required in order to perform the process and in this procedure, we have made sure that only house available supplies may be used so that it is convenient for people to perform the process on a regular basis. Some of the supplies are given below:
- Vinegar solution: It is an effective natural cleaning agent, which is regularly used for cleaning pet saliva stains from upholstery and carpets. Therefore, we recommend users to ensure the availability of a vinegar solution before performing the process.
- Baking soda: In order to achieve high-quality results, we recommend creating a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. Therefore, users will require some quantity of baking soda for creating the mixture depending upon their requirements.
- Spray bottle: A spray bottle will be used for applying cleaning agents on areas of the carpet that have been affected by pet saliva stains.
- Cleaning cloth: Cleaning cloth will enable users to rub the areas of the carpet that have saliva stains in order to ensure deep cleaning.
Steps involved in the process to remove saliva stains from carpets
It is important for people to take all the necessary precautionary measures before performing the process in order to ensure that the carpet is not negatively affected in any way. Similarly, the cleaning agent’s reaction with carpet material should be tested in order to ensure its appropriateness for the process. Steps in the process are given below:
- Prepare an appropriate concentration mixture of vinegar and baking soda for using it in the process. Pour the mixture in a spray bottle so that it is also convenient to apply it on the affected areas.
- In the first step, wash the carpet with the help of water so that it is viable to apply the cleaning solution to the affected areas.
- Now, apply the cleaning agent on the affected areas using the spray bottle. Make sure that all areas have been properly covered.
- Now, rub these areas with the help of a cleaning cloth in order to remove saliva content present in the carpet.
- Continue the rubbing process until a clean look of the carpet appears.
- Wash the carpet again with the help of water in the end and let it dry for an appropriate period. You can know more about tips for cleaning your home when you don’t have time here.