A hardwood floor looks extremely beautiful in residential and commercial buildings; however, it is also susceptible to get dirty due to excessive use, which is why it is important to perform the process to clean hardwood floors on a regular basis. The shine of the hardwood floors starts to come off due to the accumulation of dirt and other residues such as greasy substance over the course of time. Therefore, it is important to perform regular general maintenance and deep cleaning in order to maintain the shine and outlook of the material. In this article, we will explain a process to clean hardwood floors in order to not only remove dirt and greasy substance from the surface of the floor but also preserve the quality of the material.
How to perform general maintenance of hardwood floors?
There are a number of measures, which can be taken in order to carry out general maintenance of hardwood floors on a regular basis. If these measures are followed in spirit then the need to clean hardwood floors will be minimized since the cleaning of the hardwood floors also has an effect on the quality of the material. Some of the measures are as follows:
Performing deep cleaning of hardwood floors
The deep cleaning of hardwood floors should be performed on an as-needed basis since too much cleaning of the hardwood floor with the help of commercial cleaners can also damage the material. There are a few supplies, which will be required in order to perform the process to clean hardwood floors such as appropriate cleaning services, cleaning cloth, vacuum cleaner, etc. Once the supplies are available, we recommend following the steps below to perform the cleaning process of hardwood floors:
- Vacuum clean the floor with the help of a vacuum cleaner so that it can suck dirt and other removable particles.
- Now mop the floor with the help of a broom so that sticky garbage and dirt lose their bond with the floor.
- Now, soak a clean soft cloth in a cleaning mixture and mop those places, which have stains. Use only an appropriate amount of water as too much water can have a negative impact.
- Rub the area properly until the stains come off.
- Clean all the areas with care until the floor starts to give a clean look.
- Dry the floor properly afterward with the help of a cloth.