A soapy ammonia cleaning solution is a highly effective windows cleaner, which is available in the market but it can be expensive for most people. It is more cost-effective to prepare the soapy ammonia cleaning solution at home using the basic ingredients than purchasing it. It provides great cleaning results and restores the original look of the windows for a long period. It is also easy to prepare the solution at home since a few basic steps need to be followed. In this article, we will explain how you can prepare a soapy ammonia cleaning solution and some of the common precautions that should be followed while dealing with ammonia cleaning agents.
Precautionary Measures to Follow
Ammonia is a reactionary compound, which means that it can be dangerous if not handled properly. There are a few basic precautionary measures given below that can help in properly dealing with this agent.
- The workers should always wear gloves while dealing with the ammonia compound or the cleaning agent. It can cause damage to the skin on coming in contact with it.
- The workers should wear glasses while preparing the cleaning solution or using it. The vapors from the compound can hurt the eyes of the workers.
- It is important to prepare the cleaning solution in an open environment or somewhere having greater ventilation. This will ensure that the vapors disperse in the atmosphere.
- It is important to keep a safe distance while dealing with the ammonia compound.
- We recommend keeping the solution at a safe place so that an unrelated person may
not use it without care.
Procedure to Prepare the Cleaning Solution
Once all the precautionary measures have been taken care of, the workers can start to prepare the soapy ammonia cleaning solution. There are a few supplies required in the process as given below:
- Ammonia Solution: In order to prepare the soapy ammonia cleaning solution, a
concentrated solution of ammonia compound is needed. It is readily available in the market and usually, it is cheap.
- Bottle: We recommend using a bottle in order to prepare the solution and storing it
afterward. We recommend using a bottle having a nozzle for better protection.
- Dish washing agent or Soap: It is the second essential ingredient besides the ammonia solution. We recommend using common soap for preparing the solution.
- Safety Kit: Workers should take measures to ensure their safety during the process.
They should wear gloves and glasses.
The steps involved in preparing the soapy ammonia cleaning solution are as follows:
- Take the precautionary measures by wearing gloves and glasses.
- Pour some water in the bottle. Make sure to leave an appropriate room for ammonia.
- Take the concentrated ammonia solution and pour it into the bottle with the help of a funnel. Do not lean over the bottle while pouring the ammonia solution.
- Now, add the dishwasher agent or soap into the bottle.
- Now, put the lid on the bottle properly and shake it firmly. Continue the shaking
process until the soap mixes with ammonia.
- Keep the bottle at a safe place and use it for cleaning services purposes.